Post image for The 53rd Annual Grammy Awards: How could they miss Charice?!

The 53rd Annual Grammy Awards: How could they miss Charice?!

by reynz on December 3, 2010

First, I’m terribly disappointed with the Grammys! The nominees for the 53rd Grammy Awards just came out and I could not believe that Charice was not nominated at all! How could they miss Charice?! What planet are these people from?!

I browsed through the list. I checked the names of the nominees. I even checked the spelling just to make sure they wrote it down properly – but I did not see Charice! Argh!~!@#$%^&*(<>?!! I was expecting her pa naman to be on two (2) categories at least. The Best Female Pop Vocal Performance and The Best New Artist. NADA!

Instead, check out these nominees!

Best Female Pop Vocal Performance

King of Anything – Sara Bareilles
Halo (Live) – Beyonce
Chasing Pirates – Norah Jones
Bad Romance – Lady Gaga[ EXPERT PICK ]
Teenage Dream – Katy Perry

True! Most of these artists are raking in gazillion of greenbucks and a number of hit songs, but I thought the category was about being the best vocal performance of a female artist?! Ok. Maybe Beyonce and Norah Jones. But Lady Gaga?! Or Katy Perry?!

Scuse me while I kiss this guy, ok?! Hmpt!

Now, let’s check who’s on the Best New Artist list, shawee?!

Best New Artist

Justin Bieber
Drake[ EXPERT PICK ]
Florence + the Machine
Mumford & Sons
Esperanza Spalding

Ok. Who in the world is Drake?! Mumford and Sons?! Isn’t that a construction company?! What about Esperanza Spalding. That’s like baseball, right?! What I’m saying is that, maybe Justin Bieber could be DA best new artist, but com’on now!!!

Here’s the list of the nominees to the 53rd Grammy Awards with no vocal talents. They probably just tweaked their voices digitally!

Hmpt!

malensky December 3, 2010 at 2:08 pm

hahahha of course, she wont be there! she’s ASIAN! as in mother, father, bother…all Asian! LOL

STFU December 3, 2010 at 5:26 pm

HELLO, WHAT PLANET R U FROM? U DON’T KNOW DRAKE? OMG…UR SO STUPID. HE HAS A NO. 1 ALBUM THIS YEAR AND A NO. 1 SINGLE WITH RIHANNA (WHAT’S MY NAME) THIS MONTH. DON’T WRITE LIKE YOU’RE AN EXPERT IN MUSIC WHEN IN FACT YOU DON’T KNOW ANYTHING ABT IT.

leo December 4, 2010 at 2:05 am

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

reynz December 4, 2010 at 7:03 am

sorry STFU, i don’t know drake. he/she/it might not be a great singer that’s why i don’t know him/her/it hehehe!

reynz December 4, 2010 at 8:41 am

Here’s a comment made by Marcel on my facebook update that I’d like to share:

Marcel Antonio: When Maynard James Keenan, lead singer of progressive metal band Tool, did not attend the Grammy Awards ceremony to receive one of their awards, he provided his reasons:

“I think the Grammys are nothing more than some gigantic promotional machine for the music industry. They cater to a low intellect and they feed the masses. They don’t honor the arts or the artist for what he created. It’s the music business celebrating itself. That’s basically what it’s all about.” -Wiki

lelchon December 4, 2010 at 4:34 pm

daig pa ni John Denver si Charice, naging popular siya sa China during those days na wala pang ipad. one time nasa chinatown ako dito sa SF, me nakita ako nakahalo sa mga chinese cds, Anak ni Freddie Aguilar

PYT February 15, 2011 at 1:46 am

I’m a fan of Charice, but it’s understandable that she wasn’t nominated. She is only just starting and hasn’t exactly made a great impact, she’s slowly getting there, but she hasn’t quiet hit that mark. Plus the material she has worked on lacks a little “pazzaz”. Not her fault, just the choices her management have been making for her. I know she can do better, and if they give her amazing material, she’ll surely be there…
You need to remember though:
1. your biased cause your Filipino
2. the grammy awards is an American award show

As a fellow Filipino i too am routing for her..

P.S I <3 DRAKE! =)