Post image for New York Times blames wrong Filipino President for ignoring the Rise of ISIS

New York Times blames wrong Filipino President for ignoring the Rise of ISIS

by reynz on June 12, 2017

The New York Times blamed the wrong Filipino President for ignoring the rise of ISIS in the Philippines. Richard Paddock blamed President Rodrigo Duterte for “ignoring the rise of ISIS” in the southern island of Mindanao, suggesting that the Philippine leader was too focused on his war on drugs. That claim is false.

And you know what’s really odd about this given that New York Times did not even vet the article? It’s the United States or the CIA that created ISIS!

In fact, according to this article in the Military Times, they wrote: “In the Philippines, U.S. counter-terror efforts date to 2002 and the rise of Abu Sayyaf, which has sought to establish a separate Muslim state. In 2014 its leaders swore allegiance to ISIS. The U.S. greatly reduced that mission last year, and now only a small group of American forces remains to advise the Filipino military and provide intelligence support.”

Another article from Defence One validates the article above. They wrote: “also, several veteran militant groups in Southeast Asia whose existence predated the rise of the Islamic State, such as those fighting in the southern Philippines, have publicly pledged their allegiance to IS in 2014 and 2015. Whether these commitments are designed to bring more notoriety to the veteran groups or constitute real linkages with IS, remains unclear, but their impact is to strengthen Islamic State’s image as a group with a real global appeal.”

That’s right. 2014-15, when Abu Sayyaf pledged allegiance to ISIS, that’s when ISIS started. Who was the president of the Philippines then? It was Benigno Aquino III.

In September 2014, when President Benigno Aquino III visited Berlin, he made a speech where he downplayed the threat posed by the extremist group Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) in the Philippines. He said the Moro Islamic Liberation Front (MILF) has been helping prevent Filipino Muslims from getting drawn to the terrorist group. He even bragged to German Chancellor Angela Merkel that he is doubtful that some of them have become affiliated with ISIS. He said: “about claims of being part of ISIS, we think these are more [of] claims, and our intelligence reports tell us that they are not based on actual contact or coordination with the same.”

No. ISIS did not happen overnight!

ISIS happened under the watch of Benigno Aquino III! He was the one who ignored the rise of ISIS. Not President Duterte!

The New York Times article is false!

{ 7 comments… read them below or add one }

Teresa June 12, 2017 at 8:03 am

Set your facts Richard Padlock 🙂

Perapera lang June 12, 2017 at 2:20 pm

What else can we get from a biased report?….GARBAGE NEWS..no facts and just dirty lies!!!

ehms June 12, 2017 at 8:16 pm

another biased news organization!

nimfa cruz June 13, 2017 at 4:46 am

NO ! Duterte didnt ignore ISIS alright! In fact he dared them to burn MARAWI last DEC 2016 and so he got his wish
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yaUJlocIi3c

Pilipinong Totoo June 13, 2017 at 5:54 am

Nimfa… thanx for the link… by the way that wasn’t and invite… that was a threat..i guess you cant tell the difference…

Rex Centeno June 13, 2017 at 8:09 am
Bert Ramos June 13, 2017 at 1:29 pm

This is what happens when stupid people pretend to be intelligent.

Previous post:

Next post: